Doing battle with daily dragons

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Eating Snow

The Rock Star and I are hitting the slopes again this evening. Gently, I hope.

Snowboarding at Xscape in Milton Keynes has been slightly anti-climactic after having been on REAL mountains. Going from this view at the top to this one was a little disappointing to say the least. However, it is pointless to complain about being close to a place with snow in southern England, and when you think about it, it was a fairly decent engineering feat to create an artificial mountain in the middle of a concrete jungle. A big bugger it is, too. We live roughly 30 miles away and can SEE the damn thing from the top of Ivinghoe Beacon on a clear day.

We don’t fall quite so much anymore. Our spills now come from overconfidence (the fastest way of breaking something) rather than ineptitude. I know that my parents still worry about me when I go, though, so I usually tell them after the fact.