Doing battle with daily dragons

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Memeapotamus

A little meme that I skanked from Tony and Alkelda.

1) At this moment, what is your theme song? (Quote a lyric, please.)

Chariot by Gavin DeGraw

Oh chariot/ your golden waves/
are walking down upon this face/
Oh chariot/ I'm singing out loud/
To guide me/ Give me your strength


2) What edgy, hip thing do you wish would come to mind when people think of you?

Being neither edgy nor hip, I suppose I can settle for being a rock chick.

3) What is your favorite bad movie? Why is it so bad?

It was listed in the Top 100 Worst Movies of the 20th Century by the “Stinkers” site, so I suppose it must be bad, but I have to admit a fondness for Hudson Hawk.

I’m not entirely sure why it’s supposed to be so bad; it’s definitely surrreal. Although anything that boasts Sandra Bernhard AND Andy McDowell among it’s cast can’t have a WHOLE lot going for it.

4) Guilty pleasures:

a) Drinking Pimms by the pint rather than in tall, girly glasses
b) Kevin Smith films
c) tattoos

5) Take back these words:

Virginia: Yeah, you know you’re gonna go to England, meet a hot English guy, get married and move there.

Me: Whatever.

6) What should you have said?

Well, without the power of foresight, I’m not sure what else I COULD have said I wasn’t in the mood for romance at the time, having been uncermoniously dumped by Silent Bob, the musical stoner.

7) A recurring motif in a dream:

A house on a salmon colored beach, covered in broken paua shell.

8) If you were a character in a film, which one would you want to be?

I think I’d have to agree with Alkela, Eowyn is where it’s at. Totally hot, great with a sword and gets to wail on the Witch King. Losing your entire family along the way is a bit of a bummer, but a small price to pay for being a total bad-ass.

9) Which character do you think you actually would be?

One probably played by Joan Cusack.

10) Give your band a new name:

Wet Amish Hootie