Doing battle with daily dragons

Friday, August 12, 2005

A Fan Letter to The Rock Star


“I can’t believe you called me a liar on the internet!” the Rock Star chastised me last night.

“Ah, but you ARE a liar.” I retorted. "You told me there was an ant in my nose."

“I like to think of myself as more of a fibber, actually.”

So, although he makes me believe just any old rubbish, I shall defend him nonetheless.

- He does the dishes, willingly, every night. I love to create things in the kitchen, but I hate dealing with the slimy bits afterward. He allows me to exercise creative freedom and doesn’t make me clean up the mess I make doing it.

- He waters our garden. Actually, up until a few days ago, I thought I was watering the garden and was wondering why the plants were STILL looking all aenemic. Apparently, we’ve been making a joint effort to drown them.

- He takes on the role of the royal “we”. As in, “We need to take out the garbage”, “We need to get more gas for the boiler”, “We need to pump out the boat” and “We need to clean the car.” For this, I am eternally grateful, cause I hate directly asking people to do things even more than I hate doing them myself.

- He still takes me on dates, even though we’ve been together for 10 years.

- He makes up little songs about me when he’s playing guitar, even if it’s just one in praise of my ass. And trust me, this is much appreciated.

These are just some of the things he does that I’m happy to share with everyone.When I was young and imagined married life, it was nothing like this. This is WAY better.

End of gooeyness.